We look forward to rolling up our sleeves with you to address homelessness in our community. Your support – through donations or volunteerism – will go a long way towards improving the quality of life for our homeless clients and helping them get on the path towards permanent housing.
Coast to Coast partners with HBPD to provide wrap-around services that address immediate needs and promote housing and job stability. This includes family reunification efforts, vehicle repairs, the purchase of vital records, application fees, home goods, and rental assistance.
In 2020, the City selected Mercy House to manage the Navigation Center, which includes accepting homeless clients and operating the facility. Mercy House is a non-profit organization with extensive experience managing shelters and providing vital services to our homeless communities.
Mercy House accepts the following donations on an on-going basis (see below). To donate, please email Lauren McGunigale at LaurenM@mercyhouse.net or purchase much needed items through Mercy House’s Amazon Wishlist. Kindly do not drop off items without coordinating with Ms. McGunigale, as storage capacity varies throughout the year.
- Hygiene Items: shampoo, conditioner, soap, shaving cream, razors, deodorant, wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste
- Clothing: NEW undergarments (sports bras and men/women underwear), sweats (sizes S-4XL), sweatshirts (sizes S-4XL), t-shirts (sizes S-4XL), socks, gently-used or new men/women jeans (all sizes)
- Meal Donations: sack lunches (containing a sandwich, granola bar or chips, bottled water or juice, fruit or vegetable, but no bananas), catered meals (must be prepared in a commercial kitchen). For specific guidelines, please email LaurenM@mercyhouse.net.
- Donations: new blankets or bed-linens, games/activities, art supplies, books, and magazines
Mercy House cannot accept:
- Hygiene Items: nail clippers, mouth wash or hand sanitizer
- Torn or dirty clothing
To volunteer, please fill out an application here. All applications will include a background check, which is a requirement.
To receive additional information about the Navigation Center and opportunities to get involve, please contact Lauren McGunigale at LaurenM@mercyhouse.net or (714) 836-7188 ext. 142.